Friday, September 3, 2010

Was that a pick up line?


There's a place down the block from Chungdahm that has free WiFi. It's called Coffine Gurunaru (perhaps they had a few spelling errors when naming their shop..). I came here a few days ago to skype after work, and they let me use the internet without needing to buy anything. So I came back tonight after my last class of the week to actually purchase a coffee beverage.

As I sat and sipped my cafĂ© lattĂ© [pictured- the right cup], skyping/facebooking/blogging simultaneously (taught the kiddies this word today), I was approached by the owner of this fine establishment. 

"I want you to have this."
 [pictured- the delicious vanilla treat]

The rest of the 'conversation' went like this:
Me- "This? Why?"
Owner- "This is for you. For free."
Me- "Really? That is nice of you... How come?"
Owner- "Next time, I talk to you."
(oh dear. old man hitting on American girl.)
Me- "Talk to me? When?"
Owner- "I want to speak English."
(aww)
Me- "Ohhh! Ok! Thank you!"

...............

So. I guess I should follow thru with these side English lessons... I mean, the coffee here is more expensive than the food!

<3 you all :)

Syd



No comments:

Post a Comment