Friday, September 17, 2010

Black Market of American Products

Last weekend a few instructors and I ventured into Namdaemun to check out the huge outdoor market and 16 floor mall. It was all amazing, but perhaps the most exciting part of my day (aside from my first Konglish purchase) was finding my favorite face cream EVER at a crazy underground "black market of American shit."
BINGO.
I ran out of this stuff before I came here and stupidly didn't buy any to pack (I was a bit behind on my suitcase progress..). So I thought I'd have to find a crappy substitute to effectively remove my makeup at night, as I was completely sick of using handsoap to do the job. (doesn't even WORK, wtf.)
This black market was INSANE. Everything you can imagine...peanut butter, parmesan cheese, vitamins, gum, toiletries, nuts, meat, alcohol, etcetcetcetc... Of course the prices were a bit off (Sorry Skippy, I won't pay 10,000 Won for you) but this cold cream of mine was just right at 8,000 Won (~$7) for a bigass container. This will last me over a year, easily.

Here's some other stuff we found

Bagged almonds and other nuts were reasonable
Hella expensive



DING DING DING. The Alc. 
Amazing home made noodles.. and broth so
good I think they put meth in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment