Monday, August 23, 2010

New food=Good food

One of the main things people asked me before I left was "What's the food like there? Are you going to be okay eating it?!"

Off the bat, I think it's semi-known that I enjoy giving my taste buds experience. And now, after about 4 Korean meals so far, I can almost safely say that they're jumping for joy with this new cuisine. Haven't gotten too crazy yet-- but haven't been too safe either :)

The plane ride featured a bunch of different things (which was awesome. got wine/water/oj at least 6 times) and there were even instructions on how to eat it (for newbies like me). But I just followed along with the people next to me.. and the finished bowl looked like this:

The bowl had meat, veggies, and noodles in it to start off with. Then there was a packet of white rice that you add to the big bowl. The tube is spicy 'paste' sauce, and that is added last - and when you mix it all up its DELISH. The seaweed soup was actually very good - almost as good as spinach. The fruit wasn't all that great but whatev. Check out the top left bowl---this was Kimchi, Korea's most popular side dish. It comes in hundreds of varieties, but mainly it is cabbage/radish/green onion/cucumber which is then fermented and seasoned. Health Magazine named Kimchi as one of the Top 5 World's Healthiest Foods, as it contains rich amounts of vitamin A, calcium, iron, thiamine, dietary fiber, and up to 80% daily value of vitamin C and carotene. 


Goodnight!
-Syd =)

2 comments:

  1. I love this. And the minute I saw this picture I thought "mmm, that looks DELISH" haha, still finishing each other's sentence halfway across the world. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure that you are not eating any poodle. Buddy-Boils would definitely not approve!!

    ReplyDelete