Friday, August 27, 2010

Korean Pop Stars

After our last day of training today......... (sidenote: I made it through alive and got the job - OFFICIALLY - and they even called out a few "Best Trainee" awards... to my complete surprise they called my name. I don't think I've been recognized like that since..3rd grade)........ we came back to the hotel to chill and relax after a hella stressful week. I flipped on the TV to hopefully find Harry Potter in English again, but what I stumbled upon was amazing. And so worth the 1.5 hours of viewing. 

A taste of what I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I02kaHraTPk



The Korean pop group, Wonder Girls, was performing at the time I switched on KBS2. (The Korean Broadcasting System- biggest in Korea. I want to work there.) Next came a boy band, Super Junior. Equally as semi-talented, and just about as cute. Act after act, this 'show' or 'contest' or whatever it was just reminded me of a dance competition, on TRL or the VMAs perhaps. I couldn't stop watching, nonetheless, and I truly want to know who choreographs for these groups and how they get to be in one of the many, many, many pop bands. They're like 15 years old.


Super Junior


Gonna go celebrate and club it up tonight!!!!!!!!!!! 
................
Not. 
Our branch wants us there at 10am. For more videos. More orientation. More mock teaching. And more being an adult. 

holler.
-syd

No comments:

Post a Comment