Monday, November 1, 2010

Bloody Halloween

Halloween is not widely celebrated in Korea. 

Actually, it's just another day when they can look around and say, "What the f**k are these stupid foreigners doing now?"

When I asked my students what they were doing for Halloween... *blank stares*. "Just studying.."
When I asked them for suggestions on what to wear for my costume... "Witch. Pumpkin. Ghost!" 
When I mentioned the words "Trick or Treating"... all they wanted was for me to do tricks. 

Not surprising that these kids just study all weekend, even when there's an American excuse for a holiday happening. Hopefully they at least got some candy and sugar to stay awake. 

Anywho, we "dressed up" Saturday night, and I say that very lightly because there was ZERO effort put into any costume. Danny was "Harry Potter" (aka Danny.. plus my eyeliner on his forehead in the shape of a lightning bolt scar), and I was "Tina Fey" (aka "Sarah Palin" with my new red peacoat, a pencil skirt, heels, my glasses, and a ponytail. Only thing missing was an American flag pin and devil horns).

FAST FORWARD TO CLUB GO GOs IN HONGDAE.
All is just dandy, music's great, buzz is increasing, and I'm gettin my juke on with some Army dudes. Suddenly, there's some glass shattering around us - likely from someone dropping it off the platform while grinding with some fat girl on the poles. 

Shit that hurt. (look down.) HOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIII*************TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

"OH MY GOD, that's coming from my foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 
('That' refers to the puddle of blood forming around our dancin' feet.)

So Army boy and I dart to the bathroom, where my high heeled shoes are pooling with blood, the big vein on top of my foot is squirting EVERYWHERE, and I'm holding on to the sink trying not to faint. 

Just to give you an idea of what this projectile bloodshed looked like, watch this stupid vid: 

All I have to say is THANK GOD I was with Army boys at that moment in time, otherwise it woulda been: Ambulance - in Korea - without insurance. 

They squeeeeeezzzzedddd the glass out of my foot (nearly fainted), stopped the blood from pooling all over the women's bathroom (bitches were no longer in line for the potty), and eventually wrapped my shit up with a piece of someone's caveman costume (from the bar floor). Awesome.

Of course my night wasn't over after this dramatic display of Halloween-ness... would you really expect me to head home? Obv I sauntered on over to the next club with them, looking kinda sweet with my blood splatter. Then, as fckin usual, my feet get stepped on, and the wound opens up AGAIN

Yadayadayada, 
I finally make it home at noon the next day (Yes, American breakfast WAS necessary..even if I went 2 hours north to get it)
Can't get my shoes off due to pooled up dried blood all up in there,
Turn my bathroom into a murder scene,
Wash that shit and wrap a sock around the cut,
Go to sleep. All day. 


LIFE.


No comments:

Post a Comment