Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snowboarding in SoKo

It's early in the Korean skiing season, but my company planned a little 1-day ski trip to get it started.  It was ONLY 45,000Won (~$45) for a lift ticket and rentals.... I had no choice but to get back on a board and try it out again, even if the last time I snowboarded was winter '08 ---> when I was on my ass the whole way down the slopes and crying.


Vivaldi Park rents out legit equipment, and I was pleased with the "children's" board and bindings they gave me. The boots were comfortable, too, and this time around my genius friend Alex taught me that wearing only 1 pair of socks keeps your feet much toastier. He was right. Changed my entire experience.


Aside from having no gear (Illini Dance Team sweats and 2 pairs of leggings + 2 long sleeves and a North Face fleece + my NF puffy vest + nice gloves and a beanie/ear muffs .... that was about it)  I stayed extremely warm and hardly got wet from the fake snow.  This warmth and dryness ALSO meant that I was actually RIDING down the mountain - - - not just falling down it. Yes yes yes, I think I finally broke the learning curve this 5th time around, and was actually able to carve the snow and pretend I knew what I was doing alongside the Azians. 


One of the last runs of the day. The sweatpants lasted! Success. 
Video of my mad skillzzzz on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment